Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Marriage matter

Some things never change - amma saapadu, hero worship in India, dog's tail... Add men also in the list. Yes, I tryd 2 keep my cool today morning and be all smiles at watever goof-ups my man makes since it is hubby's birthday today. But i propose, God dispose. He thot that will be so un-gayathri-ish, it seems. Hubby scores well in office tasks (read cinema reviews. Wake him up in sleep and ask him about Audrey Hepburn/Ms plastic Rai. Wiki will be put to shame!) but in simple household tasks he fails. Like these:
Me: (trying to sound romantic and patting hubby's shoulder) Daaaahling, Happy B'day. Mwah!
H: he he, thank u babe... Ghorrrrrr (turns the other side and snores).
First disappointment in the morning.

Me: So what color shirt did u get? show me na? wat sweet do I prepare?
H: Nothing (for both the questions)

Me: (in a happier tone) Mani, my story is the lead tomorrow da.
H: (in a not-so-interested tone) oh. can u pls uncork the pickle dabba?
Ugh, useless :(
Household task
Me: Pls turn the washing machine to drain mode and remember to close the bathroom door. U got it?
H: Ya ya. I understood.
After a while he yells out that the bedroom is fulla water and blames me that I wuda done something. Panicked, I go and find out that he din close the door and let the drain water flow into the room. That's the end of it. All hell broke loose and I start yelling. Hubby cooly says - Diwali mudinja apromum namma veetla pattasu vedikaradhe! Oh, maybe naan thiri (pun on my name Gayathri) a killi potuteno?!
Called my friend to lament but she was lamenting to me... I think marriage is an EVIL NECESSITY (for all the women and for some men). Won't they change? what are these creatures' heads wired into?!

3 comments:

  1. I respect creative liberties. Period ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan dhan anda FRIEND... nanbeenda odu female version (Lakshmi)

    ReplyDelete